Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Working in the summer heat.

Summer greetings from Turku!
I started working on the actual garments a while back. Currently I am working on a dress that is almost finished. I have already made a pair of basic trousers out of light wool mix. The trousers will most likely be paired with a blouse and a waistcoat.
Unfortunately because it is so hot at the moment I haven't been as productive and effective as I was hoping to be this week.

This is the dress. A kind of collage of different materials and detailing.

4 comments:

  1. Well done Henrica! Very nice and feminine, I like the colours too! I am going to post my sketches soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ilona. I look forward to see what you have been sketching!

    -Henrica

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have started to work on some samples on the last minute. I tried to do some felting after I had seen felting on silk on tv (I will try to send a link). But silk isn´t a very sustainable material so I have to find a replacement for it. Today I tried felting on some cotton fabric feelers. I hope I can get some material leftovers from clothing industry.
    Anyway the wool dots on some light fabric are something you can easily read with your fingers.
    I will try to make my outfits something between Henrica´s feminine and Ilona´s casual.
    Sketches and photos of samples coming soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Henrica, we saw your dress today and it is 'jättekul' !!!

    ReplyDelete